Data mining and analysis have identified numerous emails confirming collusion with Super PACs at all levels of the HRC campaign. The Hillary for America Campaign group had direct communication and coordination between various Super PACs and their representatives or third party associates. Preemptive coordination occured before HRC’s presidential run and continued as the campaign progressed. These include but are not limited to the following involved entities.
Super PACs/Groups of note involved directly include:
- American Bridge
- Democracy Alliance
- Correct The Record
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Priorities USA
Individuals of note involved include:
- Huma Abedin, Vice Chairwoman at Hillary for America
- Mary Pat Bonner, The Bonner Group
- Steve Bing, Founder of the Shangri-La Group
- David Brock, Founder of Correct The Record PAC
- Guy Cecil, Chief Strategist of Priorities USA PAC
- Dennis Cheng, Finance Director at Hillary for America
- Marc Elias, General Counsel at Hillary for America; Perkins Coie LLP
- Jesse Ferguson, Key Spokesman at Hillary for America
- Milia Fisher, Special Assistant to the Chair at Hillary for America
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO at DreamWorks Animation
- Sara Latham, Chief of Staff to the Chairman at Hillary for America
- Jesse Lehrich, Foreign Policy Spokesman at Hillary for America
- Nick Merrill, Press Secretary at Hillary for America
- Robby Mook, Campaign Manager at Hillary for America
- Jennifer Palmieri, Director of Communications at Hillary for America
- John Podesta, Chair at Hillary for America
- Haim Saban, Chair at Univision Communications
- Andy Spahn, Fundraiser for Priorities USA PAC; Gonring, Spahn & Associates, Inc
- Tom Steyer, American hedge fund manager; For Our Future PAC
- Sean Sweeney, Partner at The Messina Group
- Neera Tanden, Center for American Progress President
On more than one occasion, HRC’s campaign solicited legal help from Perkins Coie LLP to navigate “complex” FEC laws and requirements relating to interactions between the campaign and Super PACs.
- https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/24570#efmAAGACGADuAEb; Agency.pdf
- https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/23670#efmAAGABwANFAQYARJAT-AYhAdX; Policies on Agency.docx
- https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2098#efmAIiAKl; Memorandum on Interactions with Priorities USA.pdf
Below are additional snippets of interest and suspicious nature:
Below is a snippet of what we found in an attachment addressed to John Podesta from Sara Latham, Chief of Staff to the Chairman at Hillary for America, dated 2/3/2016; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5553:
Priorities USA Thank You Calls for John Podesta
- Donald Sussman Contributed $2,500,000
- Donald is Founder of the Paloma Funds and New China Management, and Chairman of the Board of Trust Asset Management.
- Donald is on the Board of Directors of the Center for American Progress.
- Donald and Representative Chellie Pingree announced their separation andimpending divorce in September 2015.
- Ken Goldenberg
- Ken is CEO of Swanson Street Associates, a consulting firm, and Goldenberg Development, a real estate development firm.
- Ken is also an active philanthropist and the founder of People Helping People Kenya, People Helping People Philadelphia, and People Helping People Ivory Coast. Ken spends almost 3 months a year in Kenya with his charity.
- Terry O’Sullivan (General President, Laborers’ International Union of North America – LIUNA)Contributed $2,000,000
- Guy Cecil and Kim Kauffman met with General President O’Sullivan and representatives of the LIUNA for the first time on January 14th and were given a check for $2,000,000 on the spot.
- A big issue with the Laborers’ is the repeal of the Cadillac tax and jobs, especially inthe infrastructure and energy sectors.
- NOTE: Bernie Sanders’ campaign is running ads against the Bakkan pipeline in Iowa. This is one of the most important issues for LIUNA. Terry campaigned in Iowa on January 30th to rally his members for Hillary.
- We are working on finding time for HRC to call him, but it probably won’t be until well after NH Primary. It would be helpful if YOU could call him in the meantime to acknowledge his support.
Below is a snippet of what we found in an attachment addressed to John Podesta from Sean Sweeney, Partner at The Messina Group dated 7/31/2013; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2202; NextStepsJP2.docx
Date: July 31, 2013
Sine Qua Non
1 – A board for Priorities USA Action SuperPAC that includes: You and Jim Messina as Chairs
Capricia Marshall (The donors all respect her immensely)
(Harold Ickes and Greg Speed are already on the Board)
I think that if we are serious about having a functioning SuperPAC for her, it is imperative to have you and Jim as Chairs, and particularly important to have Michael and the Dewey Square folks to definitively get us out of this asinine us vs. Ready For Hillary world. No matter what name the SuperPAC has, or who is involved with it, it will run into the same problems with regard to Ready for Hillary. So if we are all serious about having it, everyone should be involved. If this happens, donors will understand where to give money.
2 – A real understanding of what Ready for Hillary is doing. If we get that, then maybe we can discuss again a capping their contributions and having us grant them money for operations. That is going to be a very tall order given that he said they would cap, and they are very publicly soliciting above the cap.
3 – An agreement that satisfies Steve Bing, Jefrey Katzenberg, and Haim Saban. I think that once we have a structure that is ready to move, everyone will come along, even if it is begrudgingly at first.
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Mary Pat Bonner, The Bonner Group, dated 12/23/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta- emails/emailid/6700#efmABDABOABQABaACgAEYAFXAKcAKeAMSAMUAPj:
“He wanted to collect more information on “Correct The Record” to get Jim the information he needs to make a donation.” “I have explained to them that we need to raise and additional $15M this cycle on top of our regular budgets. I have also told them that Soros is giving us 1M a year (although this is part of a multi year commitment, not specific to CTR and Danny Abraham is making a donation in January although the amount is not determined.” “He told me he is intending to call you on Monday to discuss the importance of CTR and their donation. He is interested in the fact that CTR is a coordinated PAC that does not do any paid communication.” –Mary Pat Bonner
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to Dennis Cheng from John Podesta, dated 12/17/2015; John Podesta told Dennis Cheng that Herb Sandler is wanting to double down his Priorities Support and to let Guy know; Guy Cecil is the Chief Strategist of Priorities USA PAC; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3409#efmAA9ABBADAADMAEfAErAHjAJBANMAPR:
*Subject:* Herb Sandler-
“As you know, he did the 2015 max to HVF. He’s ready to do the 2016 max early in the new year.” “Can you or Charlie let Guy know that he is also prepared to double down on his Priorities support as well. Guy may already know that.” –John Podesta
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Mary Pat Bonner, The Bonner Group, dated 12/11/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/24578#efmABeADd:
“Pedro Picone canceled on dinner at the last minute on Monday because his wife got sick. He e has decided to support both the Victory fund and CTR and his advisor Gabrielle Guerra has called to talk to you about it.” –Mary Pat Bonner
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Mary Pat Bonner, The Bonner Group, dated 12/01/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5636#efmAA9ACbADBADC:
“John, Below is the seating chart for this evening and attached is a best of hits for both Correct the Record and American Bridge on the Presidential. Thanks so much and see you tonight.” – Mary Pat Bonner
Below are snippets of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Guy Cecil the Chief Strategist of Priorities USA PAC, dated 11/19/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8113#efmAAGAA1ABWABiACIACSAD4AEBAEgAGg:
“Thanks for everything. I really appreciate it.” – Guy Cecil
“Priorities owes me a pair of shoes. Pouring rain here. It all worked out.” – John Podesta
“I just heard we sent you to the wrong address for a meeting today. Just spoke with Kim. It won’t happen again. Sorry about that!” – Guy Cecil
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to Guy Cecil the Chief Strategist of Priorities USA PAC from John Podesta, dated 11/11/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/14993#efmAAaAAmAB6ACGAETAJy:
“*Subject:* Cary Fowler
“Had a good meeting with him. Compared notes on the 1968 McCarthy campaign. He and Amy will host a high $ fundraiser at their place if we want. Pushed him on HVF as our top ask, but also made the case for Priorities. They are doing a lot for the Senate and planned parenthood. They have also made a pledge to Brock, but I think Media Matters, not CTR.” –John Podesta
Below are snippets of what we found in an email addressed to various Hillary for America campaign members, including John Podesta from Tony arr , Research Director at Hillary for America, dated 11/03/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/20061#efmAAGAAhAB8ACZASGATqAVlAXeAb1AcEAciAdVAhkAiw:
“Agenda for Thursday Meeting” “*Please use the one attached*” –Tony Carrk
“We have a meeting scheduled on Thursday to discuss next steps on Bernie Sanders and the Republicans.” “…we’d like for everyone to come having reviewed the material and ready to discuss which hits and themes we want to deploy.” “Republican Agenda: ….Tactics on attacks: what should go through HRC, surrogates, DNC, CTR” – Christina Reynolds, Deputy Communications Director at Hillary for America
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to Dennis Cheng from John Podesta, dated 08/03/2015; Tom Steyer is an American hedge fund manager, also a part of the For Our Future PAC https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/24709#efmAAGABC:
“re priorities, I’m arranging a meeting with Steyer directly. How do you want to handle others?” –John Podesta
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Jesse Lehrich, dated 07/08/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/22090#efmAGjAHNAIlAJQAJiAKSAMsAOhAOoASNAScATRAV7AWnA YlAZOAbnAcZAeDAfWAiXAjXAk5AlbAlkAmMAmVAnzAn6AohAonApiApoAq3Aq9Ar0Ar7AtbAuAAuv:
“Per CTR, Amy Chozick is working on story for this weekend about how the GOP will attack Hillary, will likely include focus group data suggesting that trustworthiness and being out-of-touch will be top targets.” – Jesse Lehrich, Foreign Policy Spokesman at Hillary for America
Below are snippets of what we found in an email addressed to various members of Hillary for America campaign from Jesse Ferguson, dated 05/06/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/9161#efmAAGAAyABQABhACJAGjAHSAHgANqATH:
“Are they reporting any specific donor names?” –Dennis Cheng
“So afraid that NYT is going with this story on Priorities whether we like or not. They have sources about the meetings. Honestly, it sounds like Priorities staff was yapping. We are not confirming meetings on this trip but commenting on why we are participating with Priorities.” – Jennifer Palmieri
“FYI – the New York Times will soon report that HRC is doing meetings for Priorities USA. We have NOT confirmed the meeting and will not be confirming these types of meetings. We are, however, reflecting how will support Priorities USA work where needed and framed this up. If you get press questions as follow ups on this, please send them to me.” – Jesse Ferguson, Key Spokesman at Hillary for America
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Milia Fisher, dated 05/05/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3824:
*MEMORANDUM FOR JOHN PODESTA* ” This is a meeting with Fred Eychaner.” “We would like to engage Fred on Priorities USA down the road, but the purpose of this meeting is to encourage him to help the primary campaign as much as possible.” – Milia Fisher, Special Assistant to the Chair at Hillary for America
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Dennis Cheng, dated 04/20/2015; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/22186#efmAAzAFa:
“And Huma and I had a good call w Andy Spahn. John, as you are traveling the next few weeks, I think when possible we should carve out time for you to do some Priorities meetings. We’ll make sure it follows the legal protocol. If that works for you, we can work with Eryn and Milia on scheduling.” –Dennis Cheng
Below is a snippet of what we found in an email addressed to John Podesta from Tina Flournoy, dated 07/02/2015; about a story on Priorities USA PAC & Andy Spahn; https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/20310#efmABPABsAENAG-AI9AJhAUVAVuAe1Ae_:
“Your wisdom is proven once again by the number of good articles today on Priorities/Correct the Record, etc” – Tina Flournoy, Bill Clinton’s Personal Chief of Staff
“Political equivalent of Chinese food. You won’t remember you ate in a couple of hours. Don’t think it’s a big deal at all. Probably helps that people think we’ll be out gunned.” –John Podesta
“Shitty article. Isn’t Andy Spahn paid by Priorities?” – Tina Flournoy, Bill Clinton’s Personal Chief of Staff