Ivanka Trump was recently harassed by an unhinged individual because of her father’s success in becoming the President-Elect.
“Your father is ruining the country,” the man shouted as the aircraft prepared for departure from JFK airport in New York, a passenger told TMZ.com.
Witnesses said Ms Trump ignored the man and distracted her children with toys.
JetBlue airlines said in a statement that “the decision to remove a customer from a flight is not taken lightly”.
According to IMDb, Ian Karmel is also an actor and writer. He is known for The Summer of 69 (2009), Chelsea Lately(2007) and The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke (2016). Source.
Twitter users were upset with him.
Ian Karmel’s boss, Ben Winston, came to his defense. Archived here: https://archive.is/TB6bJ
Ian Karmel’s Twitter Bio
According to his website, on the About page:
Ian Karmel is an LA-based stand-up comedian, actor, and writer originally from Portland, Oregon.
Cyberstalking refers to the intimidation, harassment or bullying of an individual using electronic means of communication such as the Internet, e-mail, pager, text messaging or instant messaging, a fax machine or even a telephone. Under California law, harassing or threatening individuals to the point in which they fear for their own safety and the safety of their loved ones is prohibited.
You can be found guilty of cyberstalking in California if you have:
• Violated California’s anti-stalking law (California Penal Code Section 646.9) by willfully harassing another individual by making that person fear for his or her own safety or that of his or her family members.
According to Twitter’s policies: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311
We believe in freedom of expression and in speaking truth to power, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we do not tolerate behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.
Any accounts and related accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked and/or subject to permanent suspension.
- Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
- Harassment: You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider when evaluating abusive behavior include:
- if a primary purpose of the reported account is to harass or send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if the reported account is inciting others to harass another account; and
- if the reported account is sending harassing messages to an account from multiple accounts.
Ian Karmel is a sad, sad little man.
— Steve Allen (@ambitjournal) December 23, 2016